Re: export DISPLAY / remote Xclient?

    "arief" == arief mulya <arief_mulya> writes:

    arief> everytime I get error message like this (from the HP-UX):
    arief> /usr/bin/X11/xrdb: Connection refused /usr/bin/X11/xrdb:
    arief> Can't open display '10.1.92.57:0.0'

    arief> I 've tried: xhost hpux.host.name, before telnet.  Won't
    arief> work also.

    arief> Anything I miss?

By default Debian will start X so it does not accept tcp connections
from remote hosts.

You *should* use 'ssh -X' to log onto the remote machine and (if the
remote machine is administered by sane people) X11 forwarding will
work automagically.

If you really want to do the telnet thing (e.g. your HPUX box does not
support ssh, or has brain dead admins who say stuff like "I won't turn
on X11 Forwarding on sshd, it is a security risk") you need to figure
out how X is started on your laptop and modify that command line.

In my case it is started with gdm. The file /etc/gdm/gdm.conf
contains a line at the end that specifies the X command line. Like
this:

command=/usr/bin/X11/X -deferglyphs 16 -nolisten tcp

I would get rid of the '-nolisten tcp' and restart. BTW don't do this
unless you can't get sshd to work.

Cheers!
Shyamal