Re: PCMCIA problems

David LeCount wrote:
Hello. I just got my first laptop (an old one) and
installed Debian 3.0 on it. The default kernel didn't
support my soundcard, so I decided to upgrade. First I
tried 2.4.13 because I already had it downloaded on my
desktop, and then I tried 2.4.19. I compiled both as
debs. Now I'm missing more than sound; I'm missing
PCMCIA. I compiled support for it into the kernel. The
pcmcia_core and i82092 modules load just as they
should, but ds says "no socket drivers found". I have
upgraded modutils and pcmcia-cs to the newest versions
in sid. I've been working on this for about a week and
have asked various people for help, but I have made
little progress. I've managed to wipe out the old
kernel, so now I have no way of getting the machine on
the net. The machine is a Compaq Presario 1070. I
would guess that I left something out of the kernel I
compiled, but I've searched several times and haven't
found anything that sounds relavent. I'll be quite
happy if someone can help me get my laptop throwing
packets out onto the net again.