Re: I need help setting up my DVD

Jeremy Petzold wrote:
OK, got my fstab changed, thanks to all for the help, I changed to VLC as ogle would just not budge

now I get this:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure there is a DVD in the drive, and that DVD ioctls were compiled in this libdvdcss version
libdvdcss error: CSS test failed
UDF: Partition 0 not found
dvd error: fatal failure in ifo

I have no idea what all this means.

thanks

Jeremy

no, sorry, that did not do it. I changed my fstab to reflect the IDE drive and it still did not work, I got the same error:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure there is a DVD in the drive, and that DVD ioctls were compiled in this libdvdcss version
libdvdcss error: CSS test failed
UDF: Partition 0 not found
dvd error: fatal failure in ifo

and my fstab now reflects the fact that it is conected to the IDE bus:

/dev/hda2       /               xfs     defaults        0       0
/dev/hda5       none            swap    sw              0       0
 proc           /proc           proc    defaults        0       0
/dev/fd0        /floppy         auto    user,noauto     0       0
/dev/cdrom      /cdrom          iso9660 ro,user,noauto  0       0
/dev/hda6       /home           xfs     defaults        0       0
/dev/hdc        /dvd            auto    ro,user,noauto  0       0