IBM X20 NIC problem

I have a slight problem with one IBM X20. It is equipped with combo
ethernet/modem card and usually everything works fine, except suspend.
When computer is brought from suspend there is no way to make NIC
working. Ifconfig shows in output: hwaddr: ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff. I think it
is some kind of power management options, but I was not able to find a
way to avoid it. My experiments incude removing eepro100 module before
suspend, ifconfig eth0 down, etc. Maybe you have some ideas?

Best regards,
Lukasz Studzinski