Problem with daemon when offline

Hi

If I for example set up exim to be run as a daemon, my laptop willhang
for several second when I boot it and it is not connected to a network.
Is there a way to avoid this? I was looking at netenv, is this the
correct program to use? Are there others? One annoyance with netenv is
that it didn't look to have a timeout like Lilo so that it will wait
until you choose a menu. Sometimes I turn on the laptop and then starts
making coffee or something while it boots.

Thanks in advance.

--
Preben Randhol  --------------------  http://www.pvv.org/~randhol
«.., chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being