Re: Offtopic: Acquiring Japanese keyboard

On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 12:37:27AM -0800, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2002 at 06:44:23PM +1100, Paul Hampson wrote:
> > I've got an Australian Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600, and I
> > want to know if a) a Japanese keyboard will be a drop-in
> > replacement for the current latin-1 one; and b) if so, can
> > anyone tell me the part number from said keyboard so I can
> > order one.

> It is hardware compatible but...

> If you want to use it as JIS keyboard, you will find few symbol keys
> such as ;:'"@ in wrong places.

Is this "wrong places" as in the keycaps will be wrong, or
the touch-typing will be wrong?

I don't suppose you (or anyone else) has one of these Laptops (or
ones that take the same keyboard: Satellite 2200, 2800, 4200, 4300,
4600, Portege 7100, 7200 or Tecra 8100 and would be willing to
check the keyboard's back for a part number?

Paul "TBBle" Hampson, MCSE
Paul.Hampson@Anu.edu.au

Of course Pacman didn't influence us as kids. If it did,
we'd be running around in darkened rooms, popping pills and
listening to repetitive music.

use, duplication and distribution.