Re: running debian on a laptop

also sprach samuel desseaux <sdesseaux@free.fr> [2002.11.01.2054 +0100]:
> I plan to buy soon a laptop and install on it debian. I hesitate between a
> toshiba and a dell inspiron 8200. According to you, what is the best for
> running easy Debian?

I can only speak for Dell and may say that Debian runs fine. You won't
be able to use any builtin modems. In general though, I would
recommend not buying the Inspiron but the Latitude. It may be more
expensive at first sight, but it's definitely more sturdy and will
make you happier longer. And so not forget the three years of
warranty!!!

`. `'`