Re: dpkg and kernel-2.4.18 installation

Hi all,

Joel a écrit:

Hi all,
I'm having difficulties to configure and install a custom kernel 2.4.18. I currently run "Woody" with kernel 2.2.x installed.
This is the Quicklist of the commands I tried to install kernel 2.4.18:

1. su + password
2. Install kernel-pachake kernel-source-2.4.18 from CD
3. cd /usr/src
4. bunzip2 kernel-source-2.4.18.tar.bz2
5. tar xvf kernel-source-2.4.18.tar
6  ln -s /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18 /usr/src/linux
7. cd linux
8. make config
9. select kernel modules
10. make-kpkg --bzimage --revision --initrc killerj.1 kernel_image

                                    ^^^^^^^^
it's not --initrc but --initrd

11. cd ..
12. dpkg -i kernel-image-2.4.18_killerj.1_i386.deb
This last command returns the following error message:
dpkg: error processing kernel-image-2.4.18_killerj.1_i386.deb ( --install ):
cannot access archive: no such file or directory
kernel-image-2.4.18_killerj.1_i386.deb
Hope that will help troubleshooting.
Joel
"Watch out, for as soon as it pleases them they'll send you out to protect their gold in wars whose weapons, rapidly developed by servile scientists, will become more and more deadly until they can with a flick of the finger tear a million of you to pieces." Jean Paul Marat, 18th Century French Visionary (and revolutionary), murdered in his bathtub by Royalist Charlotte Corday

Yoann

Haut Débit: Modem offert soit 150,92 euros remboursés sur le Pack eXtense de Wanadoo !
Profitez du Haut Débit à partir de 30 euros/mois : http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/w