Re: Can't Reboot to Win98 After Restarting from Woody

> The problem is that Win98Se can't be booted direct after restarting from
> Woody.  It freezes and the only thing that I can do is to press the
> power button off and on, then Win98Se can operate normally.

Sounds like a hardware problem to me.
I had a machine i had no sound in windows when i ran linux before:
the sound card has two master volumes; alsa sets both to 0 on shutdown
- but windows only allows to change one of these, so there was no sound
except after a cold start.

Does windows work on a cold start (that is directly after poweron)?
If you boot linux into single user mode (probably not loading pcmcia and
such stuff) and then reboot into windows, does it work then?

Greetings,
Erich

--
        erich@(mucl.de|debian.org)        --        GPG Key ID: 4B3A135C
        A polar bear is a rectangular bear after a coordinate transform.