Installation Hangup

Hello,
Im trying to install the bf2.4 flavor and Ive also tried
the vanilla flavor, and just a few seconds after I hit
enter and it starts to boot, it hangs up with the words
Compaq CISS driver 2.4.5. It will however boot from the
default idepci flavor, but thats not my desire.

I am using a Gateway solo 9550se laptop w/nvidia geforce
2go. And by the way, if anyone has ANY info on my refresh
rates it would be appreciated. Gateways tech support doesnt
even know. What the hell kind of company is this anyway.
It has a 15" monitor. I dont care about invidia drivers,
I just want X.

For that matter, any info you folks think I need to know
about getting Debian going on this thing would be great.
I intalled the default kernal and couldnt get X no matter
what I tried in /usr/X11R6/bin/xf86config. I have used
the Debian based Libranet and got it going with VESA
drivers.
                                    Thank you