Re: inspiron 7500 - shutdown pblm

Hybrids@ub0ts.com wrote:
i have an inspiron 7500 running a sarge with kernel 2.4.19
when i do a poweroff ... it's doing "init 0" and then i have the last line : "Power Down."
i have to press the button power for shutting it down ...
normally the puter should turn off itself ...
i tried many options for this shutdown pblm to be solved ... but no way :/
if someone is using a 2.4.19 on an inspiron 7500 could u send me the kernel config file plz ?

Try these:

CONFIG_PM=y
# CONFIG_ACPI is not set
CONFIG_APM=y
# CONFIG_APM_IGNORE_USER_SUSPEND is not set
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_RTC_IS_GMT=y
# CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS is not set
# CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF is not set

works for me, on both Inspiron 7500 & Latitude C400.

cheers,
c.