/etc/network/interfaces or /etc/pcmcia/network.opts?

I have recently installed a new hardrive on my HP Omnibook 500, and
reinstalled Woody from scratch. I used to use the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts
file to run my wireless 802.11b PCMCIA card (SMC 2632W), and it worked pretty
much perfectly, i.e., the interface was brought up on boot, down on suspend
and up on resume, without my ever having to worry about it.

I understand (mentioned in the docs for the linux-wlan-ng wireless drivers)
that Debian is now moving to control all network cards, including pcmcia,
from /etc/network/interfaces, and that /etc/pcmcia/network.opts is being kept
for backward compatibility. In the interest of using the current
configuration standards, I set up my laptop using /etc/network/interfaces.
With a little tweaking (i.e., I had to comment out the "auto" lines), I now
get my wireless network card to be brought up automatically on boot. However,
it now no longer will come back automatically on resume.

Should it?? Is there a way to use the /etc/network/interfaces to bring the
card back up automatically when resuming?? Or should I just go back to using
the /etc/pcmcia/network.opts for configuring this card??

Bruce