Re: Re: Kernel modules won't survive standby

Erik Christiansen <erik@dd.nec.com.au> schrieb am 26.09.2002, 09:53:45:
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 07:55:15AM +0200, stefan.raspl@playofmind.net wrote:
> > However, after going to standby and waking it up again, ethernet was
> > down. I tried all sorts of things to get it up again, but I couldn't.
> > The same goes for sound support.
>
>    What did ifconfig -a show?  (and lsmod?)

The corresponding module was e100. However, I didn't set up for booting
the
different kernel versions since I tracked the problem down to the module
handling of the kernel. It is strange that, for example, reiserfs still
works,
though it is compiled as a module and all my partitions use reiserfs.
But I could proof that this is indeed the cuase for ethernet and
soundcard
problems. do you have some strange hardware like an onboard ethernet
card?
When I think about it, both ethernet and sound card appear to be on the
mainboard, but I'm not 100% sure about that.

Ciao,
Stefan