Re: 3com WLAN Card

J. Volkmann (jvolkmann@gmx.de) schrieb:

> Hello,
>
> I use a Toshiba Satellite 300 (or 3100?) here, for which I bought a WLAN
> Card.
>
> It's a 3com Office Connect (3CRSHPW196) with the XJack antenna. All I
> found about it was this:
> http://iprserv.jura.uni-leipzig.de/pipermail/atmel-wlan-usb/2002-July/000106.html
>
> I tried with these drivers, but the README is _very_ small. Is there
> anyone who got one of these to work?

http://www.chip.org/~alb/SMC2632Wv2.html

I now tried with this installation howto. Worked fine, but one Problem
remains. I can compile the driver, load it. But a iwconfig doesn't work.
Neither does an ifconfig -a list me the 3com card. A depmod -a produces
errors about unresolved symbols in exactly the files the driver
installed.

I have really no idea what to do anymore, any suggestions?

Thanks, mfG

Johannes