RE: dual head on ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY

I have a Sager notebook with the ATI Mobility Radeon M6 as well.  I've
never tried dual monitor in X.  I have tried it in Windows and when I
try to display video with the dual display enabled, whether it be in
QuickTime, Windows Media Player, or another application that uses the
video overlay I get a black box where the video is supposed to be.  I'm
not so sure that this is relevant to your problem, but my point is that
the card itself doesn't seem to do a good job at dual displays.  This
happens when I do mirroring or separate displays.  As I said I'm not so
sure that this is relevant as it could be a driver issue.  I just
thought that it would be a good idea to let you know.

Also, in X have you noticed that in X the video "hangs" for a half
second occasionally?  When I run X, no matter what display manager I
use, the whole screen will lock up for a half second every few seconds.
When running XMMS the sound went right along with the lock ups and
paused every few seconds.  So far this has been my only complaint about
running Linux on my laptop.  I'm hoping that somebody else has had a
similar problem and will know what to do.

Thanks,
Jarrett