Re: inspiron 7500 - shutdown pblm

Hybrids wrote:
> i have an inspiron 7500 running a sarge with kernel 2.4.19
> when i do a poweroff ... it's doing "init 0" and then i have the last line
: "Power Down."
> i have to press the button power for shutting it down ...

I've found that you must install _either_ apm or acpi to get power off
functionality on Inspirons.  Some Inspirons fully support apm, others (like
my 2500) only really support ACPI (and not very well, at that) but even on
the ACPI-only machines they'll shut down fully using either apm or acpi.
--
derek