Re: Old batteries - or ... ?

On Sat, Sep 21, 2002 at 01:20:14PM +1000, Tim Connors wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Sep 2002, Karl E. Jorgensen wrote:
>
> > System info:    [DH]ell Inspiron 4000, BIOS A16, kernel 2.4.18 with apm,
> >                 Li-ion batteries

[snip]

> The battery is a smart battery, and it calibrates it charging time, rate,
> etc, in combination with the BIOS.

[snip]

I just realised, if the battery charge (in percent) is a *combination*
of the BIOS and the battery circuitry, then there might be some memory
in the battery.

These batteries take turns going in two different machines - I4000 and
I3700.

Unfortunately I don't have battery stats on the I3700 (in 10 minutes:
yes, but not now...)

Would this battery-shuffling confuse the battery circuitry and/or the
BIOSes?

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com