Re: more RAM, swap?

On Fri, Sep 20, 2002 at 03:11:28PM +0200, Luis Castillo wrote:

> Hi,
> my laptop runs debian woody,kernel 2418,128 MbRAM,256Mb swap and I would
> like to upgrade to 256 MbRAM, so I should resize a swap to 512 Mb or not ?

You don't *need* to resize the swap area when upgrading memory - unless
you plan on using even more virtual memory than you were before.

> If so, how I resize a swap without reinstall debian?

*If* you were to add more swap, you'd probably need to re-partition to
make room for more swap somewhere.

In a pinch, you can even use swap *files* rather than disk partitions,
but allegedly they don't perform that well.

HTH

--
   PGP signed and encrypted    |      .''`.          |** Debian GNU/Linux **
      messages preferred.      |     : :' :          |    By professionals,