XFree86 on Macintosh Powerbook

Hello everybody,
	i've been trying to configure xfree86 on my new powerbook (it sports a
Ati Radeon 7500) but i wasn't able to make it work. I tried to configure
it with xf86cfg both with the native ati driver and the framebuffer.
i've been able to make it somehow start but the display is somehow
scrambled, it seems to have sync problems. I'm using the 4.2.0 version
of xfree86 and it should support the video card.
I would need some pointers to online resource or some specific help on
this problem (i can include the xfree log)

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Marcello