Need help with bug#130805 (crash on Sony Vaio laptops)

Hello,

I need some help with bug #130805.  The bug submitter's
Sony Vaio laptop crashed on some command.  Details are at

    http://bugs.debian.org/130805

As I do not own such a machine I cannot do much about this.
So my request is: could anybody with a Sony Vaio laptop try
the following:

    1) Install the fdutils package
    2) Remove the floppy drive
    3) Prepare for a possible crash (save all open
       files, execute 'sync', ...)
    4) Run the command "/usr/sbin/MAKEFLOPPIES -g"

Does this crash your laptop?

Your help would be much appreciated,
Jochen
--