Re: problesm with cardbus & pcmcia on toshiba laptop

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 03:24:37PM -0500, tripolar wrote:
> Hello
> I am running kernel 2.4.18 on a toshiba satellite
> I am unable to get cardbus & pcmcia working
> in /var/log/kern.log
> "kernel: Linux Kernel Card Services 3.1.22
> 	 intel PCIC probe: not found
>                  ds: no socket drivers loaded!"
> lsmod shows pcmcia_core
> though no other modules relating to pcmcia or cardbus
> when suse was running on this laptop I had seen i82365, ds, axnet_cs and yenta socket??
> I have tried to insmod i82365, ds, and axnet_cs with no luck
> Please help me figure this out. I dont want to go back to suse :-)
> Thanks
> If there is anything else I have left out that is needed please let me know

My Portege has a misleading setting in its BIOS.  The
"16-bit cardbus" is the correct setting to work with linux.
I've actually disabled both the i82365 and the tcic pcmcia
drivers in my kernel (tho I have a Portege 7020CT, not a
Satellite)...

tofu:~#  egrep -i 'pcmcia|tcic|cardbus|i82365' /usr/src/linux/.config
# PCMCIA/CardBus support
CONFIG_PCMCIA=y
CONFIG_CARDBUS=y
# CONFIG_I82365 is not set