Re: Lilo Help

Alan Su wrote:

> Designer wrote (Mon, 09 Sep 2002 15:17:18 -0400 ):
> |>
> |>I run "lilo -t -v"
> |>and the response looks oK except for this message:
> |>" The boot sector and the map file have not been altered."
>
> hmmm...the '-t' switch means "test only".  if you remove this switch,
> it should install boot sector correctly...(provided the lilo.conf file
> is good!)
>
> -alan

I ran " lilo" after that. It looked ok, but I still get the

L01 01 01 01

		repeating (01) moniker....

Is that a way I can get back into the installation, and just "redo" the
lilo portion of the installation for the dual boot?

Any ideas to avoid re-installation of Woody is most appreciated!

I can get back into the Linux using a recovery floppy.

James