Re:

On ,  said:

>  Hi
>
>  	Does anyone knows how to set the framebuffer on a compaq XL-101? It has a
>  Trident Cyberblade card and a 800x600 LCD. The default configuration is
>  640x480 8bp and seems that the refresh rate is wrong...
>
>   	TIA

Last I tried, the Trident framebuffer code had a "#error" directive in it.
What kernel version are you using?

Look on Compaq's website, to see if they provide info on your laptop's
supported refresh rates.  They'll generally only give you the vertical ones,
though.  (The horizontal rates can be derived from the vertical ones, IIRC.)

--
"I talk to myself a lot, but it bothers people because I use a megaphone."
  -- Steven Wright