Re: Fw: Lucent DSP modem, debian_version 3.0 kernel 2.2.20-idepci

* Matej Cepl <matej@ceplovi.cz>, 2002-09-03 15:30 -0400:
> Subject: Lucent DSP modem, debian_version 3.0 kernel 2.2.20-idepci
> Checking for kernel headers
>   ... in /usr/src/linux: Kernel headers found in /usr/src/linux
>   ... in /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.2.20-idepci: nope
>   ... in /usr/src/linux-2.2.20: nope
>   ... in /usr/src/linux-2.2.20-idepci: nope

What kernel-headers package do you have installed?

Anyway, the ltmodem installation wrapper script seems very buggy, I
couldn't get it to work either. After some experiments I ended up
with this solution (2.4-18, ltmodem 8.x though). Unpack the included
src directory, use the script with its "force" parameters to compile,
then install the modules by manually executing the other scripts. Ah,
once it has been compiled and installed, you might have to adjust
/etc/modules.conf to make it work - which here only after a reboot.

-Andre