Installing Debian 3.0 Inspiron 7500

On trying to install Debian 3.0r0 on the I7.5k I am always receiving the error message "Failure while configuring base packages." I have selected no additional modules to be included into the kernel except the preselected ones. I am running the machine with Win2k on the second partition and data on the third partition. The first partition I am using for LILO and the kernel. Linux goes on next to last partition whereas the last partition is for swap. Please find attached the error log.

Since I cannot exactly determine the error it is hard for me to be more specific (besides I am complete Debian newbie, and a nearly complete Linux newbie). I would greatly appreciate any hints to get me a running system.

Thank you very much,
Matthias