Re: X & external monitor

This one time, at band camp, Stefano Canepa said:
> Dear all,
> 	I have a ThinkPad 380Z with X configured to run only at 1024x768. I
> need to do some presentation using external projector which runs only at
> 800x600 own can I change only external monitor resolution? leaving the
> internal LCD at 1024x768.
You'll need a seperate "screen" section in XF86Config[-4], and some
utility that allows you to switch outputs.  Another option is to have
two config files, say XF86Config[-4] and XF86Config[-4].alt, and startx
with the approriate config file, based on what you're doing.  There was
just a thread on -user about using a laptop with a beamer, but I don't
remeber the details - try a search of the archives (within the last week
or two) on the word beamer.
HTH,
Steve
--