Re: sony srx7... sony pi... acpi

well... changing the ACPI driven irq is not so straightforward...
irqs are stored in the acpi tables...

1. you could use a customized version of your DSDT doing
cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > raw_dsdt
after that you have to disassemble the obtained file using a specific AML disassembler, correct the device specific irq, compile the newly obtained file and include that in you kernel.
warning: recompiling your DSDT could result in multiple errors due to buggy bios

2. (perhaps better solution) you could just tweak some acpi-irq code to assing another irq if the device matches (read hardcode pcimcia irq assigment).

I'd suggest to take a look to the acpi-devel mailing list as this issue (DSDT overwrite) has been covered many times (sf.net/projects/acpi)

anyway I wouldn't do that a) because irq sharing shouldn't be a problem, b) because acpi driver is not so stable yet and your null event could be fixed soon (try to post your issue on the acpi-devel ML).

hope this helps,
-- mattia