Re: more on cd writing

Thanks everyone who advised on cd writing.  That
solved
the X server problem from root, so that I was able to
setup and use xcdroast for copying and creating CDs.

Now regarding the associated module management, I have
the following situation:

1. After booting up I can use xcdroast after I
load the module ide-scsi with modprobe.  Everything
else needed gets loaded automatically.  Then, if
I want to mount and read a cdrom I can do it, but
only aftet unloading ide-scsi.

2. The other way around, if I mount a cdrom before
using xcdroast, then I can not use xcdroast, even
after
unloading modules associated with cdrom such as
ide-cd.

What is the best way to be able to use both cdrom
to read a cd and xcdroast for cd writing?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Steve