Re: D-Link DFE-680TXD CardBus Network Card on a Sony VIAO PCG-F450 -- boot problem

Marc,

Thank you very much for the pointer -- unfortunately, this does not appear
to be the problem, my interfaces is the same as yours, except that mine uses
dhcp rather than a static ip.

Further investigation has caused me to revise the nature of the problem
somewhat.  I had said that the problem was with the boot, but I just realized
that this is not so.  I booted the computer without the card, and attempted
to insert it, and nothing happened.  I then removed it, reinserted it, and
it was properly identified and the correct module loaded.

So, revision: it doesn't work the first time the system sees it, be that
at boot or otherwise -- it only works the second time.

It's pretty weird.

Alexander