Re: linmodem & inspiron7500 & 2.4.18

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002 03:02:22 +0200
"Falcons@ub0ts.com" <Hybrids@ub0ts.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> i have a dell inspiron 7500 running a woody with a 2.4.18 kernel
> i have a built in modem : Lucent Win Modem
> i would like to get it work under debian .. is that possible ? any
> idea on howto ?

Some Lucent winmodems will work with the ltmodem drivers.  Do a google
search for ltmodem.  You will find the source tarball as well as various
packages.  You will need to get the right package for your kernel.  The
howto is clear and easy to follow.

Hope yours works.  It works well for me with Libranet (woody) on my
Toshiba.

--
Neal
Registered Linux User #159445, Libranet Linux 2.0/ext3/XFce