Re: APIC is out...so what is causing these freezes?

Delire,
Try compiling with accelerated graphics as a module (CONFIG_AGP=m) and then try to get apm working, without AGP loaded (if the module is loaded and you want unload you first have to kill X, /etc/init.d/xdm stop, if you are using xdm). Then try using it by loading it with modconf to see if it makes any differnce, it does for me.
Dave

delire@selectparks.net wrote:

you are probably right - i turned off ACPI due to a suspend problem with
alsa [if i remember correctly] and should have left APM in there. i'm
not using alsa now, though i will be for some projects soon. so i'll try
APM now!

thanks,

de|ire