Re: thinkpad 600X

I just ordered one of these yesterday; I'm planning a dual boot with Debian/GNU and Win 98. After reading this page: (Thomas Hood's excellent Debian/GNU Linux on the IBM 600x)

http://panopticon.csustan.edu/thood/tp600lnx.htm

.. I decided it was a good choice for Debian. So check out that page; I think he recommends installing potato first, then individually installing packages from the woody distribution as needed. I'm using that particular installation approach on my thinkpad 380ed at the moment.

good luck!
Gale

Dominic RYCKEMBUSCH wrote:

Hi.
I would want to buy a thinkpad 600X.
I would work with potato 2.2r6
Could you give me some advices?
What are the pb with this thinpad?
is it easy to install the debian potato?
Thank you.
regards
dominic