Re: Wireless setup

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 07:27:59AM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
>At 04:15 AM 06/27/02 -0700, Alexander Yukhimets wrote:
>>On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 11:25:06PM -0700, Bill Moseley wrote:
>>> But the *big* problem now is speed.
<snip>

>Buying a new card might be faster than trying to learn about all the
>patches and components needed to build a new kernel. ;)
>
>Thanks,

If you are going to buy a new card, I recommend the cisco aironet. It
has a better range than most cards, plus the card monitors all
channels at the same time, rather than scanning through 1-12
individually. Another option is to buy a card that has an adaptor for
an external antenna, such as a lucent wavelan.