Re: Media Bay

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 15:53, Jerome BENOIT wrote:
> I am sorry: I guess taht there is a misunderstanding.
> my laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7000k:
> the media bay allows to swap the CDROM reader (hardware)
> and the ZiP reader (hardware).

Very likely that you can... I don't have a dell myself, but when I
plugin new hardware on hot-swap interfaces all I need is loading the
correct modules, and maybe a 'scsiadd -s'

Just try it and see... hardware-wise it should work, just make sure you
unmount all devices you are going to be swapping, maybe even unload the
modules to be nice :)

--
Mark Janssen -- maniac(at)maniac.nl -- GnuPG Key Id: 357D2178
Unix / Linux, Open-Source and Internet Consultant @ SyConOS IT