Re: Laptop Dual Monitor Support?

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 05:57, Olivier Crouzet wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:37:52 -0500
> "Jeremy Turner" <Jeremy.Turner@oc.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hi all.  I've got an IBM ThinkPad A22m (2628-OKU) with sid and I'm
> > wanting to use it with an external monitor with dual monitor support.
> > Here's my problem:  XFree86 wants a separate video card for each screen,
> > but I believe the laptop only has 1 physical video card (only one was
> > found with lspci).  I know the card has the capability (it can do dual
> > monitor support in WinXP).  Any ideas?
>
> You may do it depending on you xserver module. Have a look at the
> xfree86.org pages. With a neomagic chipset, you just need to put (but one
> video card = the same display on both of course!):
>
> Section "Device"
> [snip...]
> Option     "intern_disp"
> Option     "extern_disp"
>
> EndSection
>
> If you have another chipset, do look into the man pages for your server
> (for the neomagic, it is mentionned in the XFree3 pages but not in the
> XFree4 ones though it works under both.

I ran XFree86 -configure to generate my XF86Config-4 file and it added a
lot of commented-out options, but none of them seemed like they would do
the trick.  I'm using the ati driver, and I couldn't find any specific
ati notes on http://www.xfree86.org with XFree86 4.1.  I guess I'll just
be stuck with two monitors and only one display.  Oh well.

Jeremy

Jeremy M Turner, A+ Technician             Phone: 405.425.5555
Email: Jeremy.Turner@oc.edu                Phone: 405.425.1820
Information Technology Services, Oklahoma Christian University