Re: Debian doesn't boot in Compaq Presario

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 03:38:05PM -0500, Dr. Aldo Medina wrote:
> In my Compaq Presario 700 (working fine with Woody and Linux 2.2.19) I
> tried Linux 2.4.18 without success (I need it for ACPI support).
> However, if I enable ACPI in the kernel, my laptop locks after enabling
> ACPI at boot time.

Disabling APIC by unsetting the kernel config variable CONFIG_X86_UP_APIC
fixed that for me on my Dell Inspiron 8100.  Note that this is APIC, not

Jay Ford, Network Engineering Group, Information Technology Services
University of Iowa, Iowa City, IA 52242
email: jay-ford@uiowa.edu, phone: 319-335-5555, fax: 319-335-5505