Re: Debian doesn't boot in Compaq Presario

El vie, 31-05-2002 a las 22:38, Dr. Aldo Medina escribió:
> In my Compaq Presario 700 (working fine with Woody and Linux 2.2.19) I
> tried Linux 2.4.18 without success (I need it for ACPI support).
> However, if I enable ACPI in the kernel, my laptop locks after enabling
> ACPI at boot time.
>
> Any ideas? :-(

check your BIOS settings.

What features have you enabled in kernel config?

You should say "Y" to "Embedded controler" in ACPI Bus Manager :

CONFIG_ACPI_EC:

This driver is required on some systems for the proper operation of
the battery and thermal drivers.  If you are compiling for a laptop,
say Y.

(posting here the acpi /usr/src/linux/.config related part could be
rather helpful...)

--
"Si la libertad significa algo, será sobre todo el derecho a decirle
a la gente aquello que no quieren oir". George Orwell