Re: sorry for the repost ... read it before answering to the first one thks.

Hi Joshuas!

At 18:35 24.05.2002 +0200, you wrote:
i rebuild the kernel putting this option in module
i reboot

i did a lsmod and apm was loaded after the reboot .

i did a poweroff .. and then still not working

I had the samle Problem on my desktop machine.
Compiling a new kernel with acpi instead of apm did
the job for me. Powerdown works perfekt now. What
laptop do you own? I have a Toshiba Satellite 3000-214
here as well, powerdown works just fine!

Greetings, Christoph