Re: Dlink DWL650 half working, link-Down when heavy loaded

I get similar issues - interesting of note, however - is I tried switching
to a belkin 'wireless notebook network card' and had basically the same
problems.  My access point (at home) is the dlink 713p, which I expect is
the cause of my problems (and perhaps yours) because I *don't* have these
problems at work (early run airport with upgraded firmware).

Interestingly enough, however, is that I don't believe the problem is the
actual transfer - because on lan transfers I rarely lose the wireless
connectivity, I expect it's the traditional "too many collisions,
shutting down this port" from the switches perspective (you get the same
issue if you jack a 10baseT hub into a 10/100baseT switch and do large
transfers, the switch just shuts the port off until its power cycled.  I
expect the lan transfers go off without a hitch and there's less air
traffic or resent packets.  Come to think - the lan transfers are normally
copying from the laptop (wireless) to a wired host - whereas the internet
transfers are copying to the laptop - so there would just be ACK's coming
back down the air on the LAN stuff.

Aww hell, I'm just rambling now - hope this helps you some though.  I pray
daily for firmware updates for my AP to fix this.

P.S. - anyone get disconnects a *lot* with their wireless? I idle on IRC
and I'll get disconnected easily 6-10 times throughout a day. [not the
internet connection, as a wired machine doesn't experience the same
disco's]

-Martin N.