Re: Seeking Advice on buying Compaq Pressario 1722

hallo i have a n160 from compaq with the same features(only that i have
256mb ram).
debian works fine. there are only two things that are not very well.
1. xfree86 works only in vesa mode. the ati mobility radeon work first
with xfree86 4.2  in nativ mode.
2. you need to recompil the kernel because the kernel has no acpi
support.
3. the network interface works first with the 2.4.18-5 kernel well on 10
bit hubs.

i hope you understand my bad english

kai