Re: Desktops and Office Suites

* Dale Hair <dale@meridian-electric.com> [020517 02:41]:
> On Thu, 2002-05-16 at 17:18, Mark Lucas wrote:
> > Hey thanks for all the help!
> > That was very quick.
> >
> > I've removed Gnome and installed BlackBox. I must admit I quite like the
> > uncluttered desktop. I'm still searching for some XWindows office software
> > though given that my machine is not up to OpenOffice. Does anyone have
> > experience with Corel Office for Linux?
>
> You could look at siag office, I tried it once but don't remember much
> about it.
>
> siagoffice-common  siagoffice-plugins

My girlfriend loves LyX. It took her a week to learn (nearly without
help from me). Depends on how much dtp stuff you need. For long
(scientific) texts with tables and graphics it's more than cool. (And
the new 1.2.0pre5 from www.lyx.org is even cooler. I've got a package
for it (for woody)).

It's your choice,

Karsten