Re: pcmcia-cs upgrade on laptop

On Tue, 7 May 2002, Kozikowski, Mark wrote:

>Is there any way to get this new pcmcia-cs into the base
>debian installation so I can continue with the whole install?

If I were you, I would probably compile pcmcia-cs on another machine and
then copy the necessary binaries temporarily to the laptop. I think it
doesn't even need cardmgr, just insmod the necessary pcmcia-modules.

Then make a network install, and finally download pcmcia-*.deb package,
delete your custom pcmcia modules, and install pcmcia from the deb-package.

You might not need to compile even, just extract the pcmcia-*.deb with ar
xv. You might have some trouble with non-matching kernels, though.