Re: Samsung Notemaster 386s /25

On Thu, 2 May 2002, Patricia Barrett wrote:
> I got your information from a website on Samsung products. I have in
> my possession the above-captioned laptop however the screen it broken
> and all connecting cords are missing. Can anything be done to restore
> it. The receipts can't be found by the owner who recieved it as a
> gift. As I understand it, I may have to throw it away. Is that true or
> can it be restored?

In general it will cost more to repair the LCD screen of any laptop than
to purchase a new laptop of equivalent function and power. This is,
however, a rule of thumb and not an absolute.

I suspect, however, that whoever gave a laptop with a broken screen as a
"gift" was simply happy to get rid of worthless junk.[1]

        Daniel

Footnotes:
[1]  Unless, of course, you want to use it as a slim-line server with a
     CRT plugged into the back. :)

--
No story is the same to us after the lapse of time; or rather
we who read it are no longer the same interpreters.