Re: sound on VAIO FX401

În data de 19-02-2002, la 19h 06'23", p scria despre "Re: sound on VAIO FX401":

> I did not activate yet the sound card. I have tried few solutions, but
> none worked. I comiled many kernels with many sound drivers, but none
> are working. As I said the lspci give me: "00:07.5 Multimedia audio
> controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)".
>
> I put back the xp from the Sony image CD's and I check the proprieties of
> the sound card. It said:
> VIA AC'97 Audio Controler (WDM)
> IO: 1000-10FF, 1C54-1c57, 1C50-1C53,
> IRQ: 09
> PCI bus 0, device 7, function 5
>

>  From the list of the kernel sound drivers the closest one is VIA82CXXX,
> but it is not working. Some one installed RedHat on the same VAIO FX401
> and the sound was working without any change. Same persone is using now
> Suse. The sound was not properly installed, he just needed to run
> modprobe with the VIA82CXXX driver as argument and it was OK.
>
> I don't want to install other linux distributions just to make my laptop
> better, I want to stick to Debian.
>
> Please, some suggestions... anything?
>
> Last time I tried to activate the sound with an append line in the
> lilo.conf, but the xp did not specified the dma and dma2 values.

I just want to tell you that I solved the problem. I recompiled the
kernel (2.4.18) with the APCI patch sourceforge.net/projects/acpi.

That way I got a workaround for the southbridge whatever, so the sound
card got the irq 5 as it was asking for, not the 10. I also solved the
problem of Fn key and the bug about rebooting. All this thank to Mr.
Gaugusch, see www.gaugusch.at/vaio/ if you ever get a vaio notebook.

Ionel