Re: sound on VAIO FX401
- To: Debian Laptop mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: sound on VAIO FX401
- From: Ionel Mugurel Ciobica <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 10:57:57 +0200
- Message-id: <20020422085757.GA14700@bambam>
- Mail-followup-to: Debian Laptop mailing list <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Ionel Mugurel Ciobica <email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <20020219190623.A7995@pcisys.net>
- References: <20011201185938.A23514@bambam> <20020219023532.GA9879@bambam> <20020219190623.A7995@pcisys.net>
În data de 19-02-2002, la 19h 06'23", p scria despre "Re: sound on VAIO FX401":
> I did not activate yet the sound card. I have tried few solutions, but
> none worked. I comiled many kernels with many sound drivers, but none
> are working. As I said the lspci give me: "00:07.5 Multimedia audio
> controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC97 Audio Controller (rev 50)".
> I put back the xp from the Sony image CD's and I check the proprieties of
> the sound card. It said:
> VIA AC'97 Audio Controler (WDM)
> IO: 1000-10FF, 1C54-1c57, 1C50-1C53,
> IRQ: 09
> PCI bus 0, device 7, function 5
> From the list of the kernel sound drivers the closest one is VIA82CXXX,
> but it is not working. Some one installed RedHat on the same VAIO FX401
> and the sound was working without any change. Same persone is using now
> Suse. The sound was not properly installed, he just needed to run
> modprobe with the VIA82CXXX driver as argument and it was OK.
> I don't want to install other linux distributions just to make my laptop
> better, I want to stick to Debian.
> Please, some suggestions... anything?
> Last time I tried to activate the sound with an append line in the
> lilo.conf, but the xp did not specified the dma and dma2 values.
I just want to tell you that I solved the problem. I recompiled the
kernel (2.4.18) with the APCI patch sourceforge.net/projects/acpi.
That way I got a workaround for the southbridge whatever, so the sound
card got the irq 5 as it was asking for, not the 10. I also solved the
problem of Fn key and the bug about rebooting. All this thank to Mr.
Gaugusch, see www.gaugusch.at/vaio/ if you ever get a vaio notebook.
To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact email@example.com