XFree86 4.1.0-14 Problems / Compaq M700

Debian potato with Ximian Gnome ran on my Compaq M700 laptop for over a year. What a beautiful system and laptop. I just loved it. I had to install XFree86 4.0.1 from the www.xfree86.org website originaly to get X windows to work. With a little tweaking it ran great for over a year.

Now , like many others I am upgrading to woody and XFree86 4.1.0-14.

The installation of XFree86 4.1.0-14 just wont configure properly.  Error messages saying "it cant detect the mouse" after running XFree86 -configure. Even after editing the config file to "PS/2" and /dev/psaux , which were the settings for 4.0.1 , X wont work :(((.

After days without debian I am suffering withdrawal symptoms. I need help !

Mike

Do You Yahoo!?