multiple "resume suspend" events...

   Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:09:13 -0700
   From: "Alan Su" <alsu@cs.ucsd.edu>

   i've got an up-to-date woody installation on my ibm t21 laptop, and
   i've noticed some weird behavior related to apm.  when i bring the
   laptop out of suspend mode (either hibernation or regular old
   suspend), i always get two "resume suspend" events.  by this, i mean
   "/etc/apm/apmd_proxy resume suspend" gets called twice, about two
   seconds apart.  the really odd thing is that about half the time, the
   clock is about two months into the future when first call occurs.

I don't know about the clock skew, but the double-resume problem is a
kernel bug.  I believe this will finally be fixed in 2.4.19, but I'm
not certain.