Re: mount A drive problem ?

At 10:01 AM 4/4/02, you wrote:
On Thu, 4 Apr 2002, Shane T Williams wrote:

> mount : you must specify the filesystem type.
I had the same some time ago, after recompiling the kernel. Does it do it
as well if you mount it as root? I had the same problem with all the
users, but not with root, and I think I solved it just changing the
permissions to /dev/fd0, but I'm not completely sure

I think what the real problem is, is the fact that most floppies are pre-formatted
MS Windows[X]. If the box won't support VFAT then recompiling is necessary.
I think you can compile it as a module as well but don't quote me on that I've
always added it from the list when I compile.