Re: IRDA

Hi

Those of you who got bored with my longish session that ranted on
about not being able to get Irda working with Debian GNU/Linux might
like to know that I have solved my problem.  How did I do that ?

Well, I just got hold of a Motorola V66e mobile phone which has
tri-band networks and GPRS built into it.  On the bottom of the phone
is a socket.  You can plug a Motorola cable into it.   On the other
end of that cable there is a USB plug.

Under /etc/wvdial.conf I have found that the phone is detected at
/dev/ttyACM0.   So, that's solved that one completely.

Published here so that people who are out there who might be confused
about mobile Linux on the laptop and PDA can at least have a clue
where to start.

Thank you

--
Richard