Re: Periodic distro question

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Tom Allison wrote:

> Most of the packages I have looked into are either strictly the
> authors instructions or some abbreviated changelog file.  There isn't
> a bridge between how the author set it up and how Debian would do it
> by their philosophy.

It's called the debian policy. And if you need to know where the config is,
and the man pages don't say, (you _have_ rtfm, right?)
"dpkg -L <package> | less" isn't a bad place to start looking.

[ Note - this sig picked at random - the sig picker is just a little
  psychic from time to time... ]

--
Manual? We've just been pushing buttons til it works...