bootprofile for Debian

Hello all out there,

I'm new to the Laptop-Family (Dell Inspiron 8100) and have installed
Debian Woody some days ago.

The machine lives of course in different network environment (@work in
the university net, @home in a 192-net, etc). I've found
bootrofile[1], which seems to be perfect for booting in different
environments.

But this tool seems not to be in the Debian-Distri (not even in
unstable) and I've not found any info about bootprofile and Debian.

Does anybody have experience with that tool?

If not, I have to try it on myself (maybe over Easter) to place it
into the bootprocess. I think, right after mounting the filesystem
would be a good place to varify the different profile-Files. But if
someone has any better suggestions ...

CU,

[1] http://www.rajeevnet.com/linux/bootprofile/

--

Karsten Rothemund,
Institut f. Allgemeine Elektrotechnik, Universitaet Rostock